GB Media & Events (GBME) and Manchester Central Convention Centre (MCCC) are continually monitoring the information being provided by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the UK Government and will react accordingly to this advice.
Manchester Central Convention Centre (MCCC) are taking the following precautions as a venue in order to assist in preventing the spread of this virus:
• Sanitising stations with dispensers are available around the venue to supplement the hand cleaning products in all toilet facilities
• Signage has been installed in all toilets and is on digital screens across the venue advising staff and visitors on the importance of maintaining good hand and personal hygiene
• The on-site first aid team have been fully briefed and have plans in place to deal with anyone reporting symptoms and believes they may have been in contact with the virus
At present we will be monitoring our global delegate registrations and issuing the following advice:
Delegates travelling from or through the following specified areas must be able to prove that they have travelled to and remained within the UK for 14 days or more:
Republic of Korea
If delegates are unable to provide enough evidence that they have been within the UK for 14 days prior to the conference they will not be permitted to attend.
Aztec, our AV supplier have their own protocols which include:
• Awareness briefing across our on-site teams
• Hand sanitiser provided and required by speakers before and after microphone use
• Cleaning of microphones with disinfectant wipes between speakers
• Cleaning of any other handheld AV equipment with disinfectant wipes before and after each use
The current NHS advice is: